Medium or Senior UX Designer
Have you had enough of jumping from project to project within the banking, telecom and automotive sectors? Do you want to work on something completely different, ideally long term? Are you ready to design a very unique, almost mission-critical software for the likes of Prima CNN, Vice Media, WELT, Radio Free Europe, TV Nova, TVN24, Czech TV and hundreds of other broadcasters around the globe? Come join Octopus Newsroom.
We are looking for one or more experienced, senior or at least medior UX designer who has experience in designing complex corporate applications. We are offering a truly interesting and challenging project in a very niche environment. At Octopus you will be able to leave your mark on a product that is used by the biggest broadcasters worldwide.
What will you do
- Learn as much as you can about our current products and help us redesign them
- Attend workshops with key users (or experts from inside the company), gather requirements and together with other team members prepare new screen designs and prototypes
- Help us evaluate and potentially improve the UX/UI of our 2 additional side products
- Have a lot of fun
- and much more...
You will be a great fit with the following skills
- You definitely have a few years of experience in UX design (ideally experience with desktop/web applications)
- You understand that UX is about communication, facilitation, fast visualization and especially users
- You are not scared of designing a specific, complex product
- You are experienced in wireframing and prototyping (Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision)
- You are self-confident
- Despite English is our official communication language, some of our workshops are held in Czech so it's good if you speak and understand both languages (not mandatory though)
On top of this we will appreciate anything from the following...
- Experience with really extensive systems
- Experience with UX for angular/react projects
- Experience with UX for Java projects
- Experience with mobile app UX/UI design
- HTML / CSS - know how it works, coding principles, main frameworks
- Ability to simulate animated interactions in a prototype
What will you get from us?
- Everything we agree on...
- Everything you would need for your work
- Long-term project and involvement in something really exciting
- People who are happy to work with (well, most of them, most of the time :-))
- Support in education and much more