Octopus Newsroom is a well-established and innovative Czech software company based in Prague and Bangkok. The company is renowned for its open-minded and informal work culture, with a startup-like mindset, making it an attractive place for talented individuals in the tech and media industry.
The company specializes in developing, selling, and supporting a top-rated software solution for television and radio newsrooms. This software is trusted and used by broadcasters around the world, including well-known names like Czech Television, TV Nova, and Radio Free Europe, but also Riot Games in Los Angeles, Welt in Berlin, MediaCorp in Singapore, RTL in Croatia, RTVS in Slovakia, all the biggest news broadcasters in India and over 300 other broadcasters in more than 60 countries.
Octopus Newsroom offers an exciting opportunity for those looking to make a meaningful impact in the world of software development while being a part of a forward-thinking team with a relaxed and fun work culture. The communication language of the company is a mix of Czech/Slovak/English, and the documentation is in English.
If you are an experienced React developer interested in niche projects and cutting-edge technology, we have a compelling opportunity for you!
At Octopus Newsroom, we seek a skilled React front-end developer to join our internal team. This is a chance to grow into a leadership role and offers involvement in a stable, long-term broadcasting project.
Your mission? Contribute to developing the brand new version of the Octopus newsroom system, our flagship product used by broadcasters and thousands of daily users.
What will you do:
- Work in a small agile dev team to design and develop a cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solution
- Work closely with the designer, backend, quality assurance, and product teams (well, mostly individuals rather than teams)
- Identify and troubleshoot errors and performance issues
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability, and scalability
You should have the following:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and a firm grasp of the technology stack of the project
- In-depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- A flexible attitude with proven experience working in a team
- Analytical and curious attitude, with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills: you should be personable and approachable
- Desire and willingness to improve knowledge of new emerging technologies
- The job is located in Prague, Czech Republic. We prefer a physical presence in the office at least 3 days a week.
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- REST/JSON APIs
We work with:
If you’re ready to be part of the newsroom evolution, apply now at Octopus Newsroom and help shape the future of news.
Send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org or