Support engineer – USA
Octopus Newsroom is one of the leading software development companies providing newsroom computer system solutions for broadcasters around the world.
The company is based in Prague, Czechia, with branch offices in Thailand and the USA, operating worldwide. Our customer base in over 60 countries includes broadcasters like Czech TV, Mediacorp in Singapore, TV Today in India, TBN and Vice Media in the USA, RBC in Russia, ViaSat in Ghana and many others.
Have you ever been to New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, Vancouver, Mexico City, or the Caribbean?
Engineers from our support team have been there and to many other interesting places. Because that's where TV stations use our system. And we install it, train the journalists, and provide operational and technical support afterwards. Yes, that is what our support engineering team does.
A major part of the job includes providing remote technical support to our customers. This means you need to understand the technical problems related to the Octopus system (mostly by reading the error logs) and then provide a solution or escalate the issue to the developers. It's definitely not a call-center-like job, it really requires technical and IT skills. Obviously, we understand that most likely you have no previous experience with Octopus, so we will make sure you learn everything in the first few months with us.
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Fluency in Spanish will be a plus
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems Windows, Mac OS, Windows Server and Linux
- Flexibility, stress resistance and independent problem-solving skills
- Live where you want in the USA as long as you have access to an airport
- Former technical experience from the broadcast industry (newsroom system, MAM, automation systems, etc.) is a great advantage
Why you should apply:
- The role offers you a unique opportunity to put your own stamp on a successful and popular product used by thousands of users on a daily basis in every corner of the world.
What we offer:
Besides a laid-back, fun group of people and a very informal atmosphere, you will also enjoy:
- Flexible working hours, including possibilities of working from home
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Vacation/PTO time
- Sick leave
- Opportunities to travel to some major trade shows (Amsterdam, Las Vegas, New York, etc.)
- Annual training budget
- Other random advantages, such as ski trips or other company events