We are proud to announce that one of the most advanced and versatile version of our newsroom computer system, Octopus 8.1. has been released! This version includes a record breaking 500+ new features, improvements and fixes compared to the previous 8.0 version.
The preview of this new version was introduced during the IBC2017 show in Amsterdam and ever since the show ended our team worked very hard to implement some additional features – requested by our customers – as well as to test the new version as thoroughly as possible.
Some of the 500+ key improvements include (in no particular order):
- Detachable notification widgets
- Possibility to display all Named Rundowns in the main menu.
- Support for Facebook comments
- Custom shortcuts to quickly create new slugs in a rundown
- Support for repeating assignments
- Possibility to publish video to Twitter
- Fixed all the issues with RTL languages in the script area
- Quick clip (MOS Object) replace/insert in the rundown
- Twitter post to allow 280 characters.
- Default custom print form configurable for each menu item individually
- Quick editing of stories
- Improved Octopus Journalist App (both on iOS and Android)
- Quick creation of a new assignment
- and much much more…
To receive a complete list of the new features, improvements and fixes compared to your current version, please contact our support department using the usual channels and they will generate the custom release notes for you.
For a new system proposal, please contact our sales team or fill out the Octopus pre-sales questionnaire.
Now the best news for the end: like always, all our existing customers with an active maintenance contract (both Standard and Premium) are eligible to get this new upgrade FREE OF CHARGE! Enjoy!